Wednesday 21 May 2008

Procrastination Central... Now Boarding

Jesus, is that how long its been since I last blogged?? Real life sucks. Ok, so not much of an excuse, but I have been really busy. I know, I know, everyone says that, but I really have. The biggest thing to happen between this blog and my last is I finished university *happy dance*. I'm sad but happy at the same time. Who knew you could have so many conflicting emotions at once? So real world, here I come... tomorrow. I tell you procrastination is a mean bitch. She keeps me even more busy than I was when I actually had crap to do!

I'd like to say there is an actual purpose to this blog but there really isn't. I have no plans to discuss politics or world affairs, and I have even less desire to discuss anything of great importance. Mostly, I'm just revelling in the fact I can write again. With writing two dissertations and exams, writing has kind of been on a back burner since March. It sounds trite as hell, but I can't function when I'm not writing. It throws me into a complete funk. But I actually have a couple of projects on the go at the moment that should keep me busy over the summer.

The first is a Supernatural Fanfiction. Ok, so I hear the protestations about how fanfiction isn't real writing and my response to you would be a string of well-put together curses. Fanfiction is HARD to write, and it's hard for a number of reasons. Mainly because the fanbase knows every grain of sand in the sandbox you're playing in. You screw up one tiny detail and you will be lynched and flamed. That said, it's fun to play in the world created by someone else and, if you are like me, you tend to make your own world within that world anyway.

The second project is a little more ambitious and I have no idea how it's going to play out. I took a group of amateur writers and embarked on a quest to put together an original mini-series based on the supernatural genre. At the moment we're just in the planning stages, but I think it's going pretty well. I'm anxious to get writing on it though. Its been a while since I wrote anything original (over a year I think), and the idea of writing with others is highly appealing. Sometimes writing a novel seems like such a mammoth task. But we shall see how that goes.

No comments: